What should the customer know about your pricing (e.g., discounts, fees)?
- Basic Package (Aerial Photos)
- (As low as $100 per shoot) – 25+ Unique Photos
- Basic Views and angles of homes
- 24 hour turn around
- Schedule jobs up to 1 week out
- Deluxe Package (Aerial Video + Photos)
- (As low as $200 per shoot – 25+ Unique Photos + 2 Minute Edited Video
- Custom Views and angles of homes
- 48 hour turn around
- Schedule jobs up to 5 days out
- Custom Photography / Video – $50 hr
- Custom editing – $35 hr
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
- Gather contact information
- Gather location, date and time of the shoot
- Gather the requirements of the client
- Quote price, establish payment terms
- Shoot photos / video
- Post-process and deliver images/video
- Invoice the client
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I have been an editor, project manager, and a photographer for over 30 years. I have taken everything from cover photos to racing events. I was a product photographer for over 15 years with a full studio where I created for product photos and training videos for marketing materials, the Web and social media.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
I started using drones in 2016 as a tool for aerial photos for my previous employer. I created both aerial photos and fully edited video for company capabilities information used in marketing materials and social media.
What types of customers have you worked with?
I have done everything from corporate photography for major clients to racing events. I am currently focused on commercial and residential real estate. I have been working with a service provider in the real estate industry.
Describe a recent project you are fond of. How long did it take?
I recently shot a 6100 sq foot residential real estate project taking over 100 photos. I worked with the owner on-site to incorporate the spectacular view of the property overlooking a lake. It took a little over an hour.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a provider in your area of work?
- Make sure they are FAA certified and fully insured.
- Is this is a full-time business? When the price of drones came down many people got into this business who are not photographers.
- Lastly, look at samples of their work.
What questions should customers think through before talking to professionals about their project?
- Budget, will a simple 6 photo project work or does the property warrant a full length edited video?